Thai food is as delicious as it is inexpensive, not to mention the myriad health benefits for the body and immune system that this food offers. Thai cuisine is quite unique and with a mixture of different flavourings, ranging from sweet and hot to salty and sour. The pleasant flavour of this food has made it one of the most popular cuisines in the world.
The wide range of Thai food in the world includes many main dishes and desserts as well. Most newbies looking to try Thai food for the first time face an overwhelming decision of what to try first when looking at the vast menu in a Thai restaurant in Vancouver, BC. In this article, we’ll delve into detail on the most popular and delicious Thai dishes to try.
- Pad Thai: Pad Thai is the classic Thai dish around the world. Invented in the 1930s by the Chinese, Pad Thai is a dish containing fistfuls of small, thin or wide stir-fried rice noodles served alongside onions, shrimp, tofu, crunchy bean sprouts and eggs, seasoned with sugar, tamarind, dried chili, vinegar and fish sauce. Pad Thai makes a great side dish alongside chicken, seafood or as a veggie dish. Pad Thai is one of the most popular kinds of Thai takeout in Vancouver.
- Tom Yam Goong: This is another popular Thai food in Thai restaurants in Vancouver, BC made with shrimp as the prime ingredient. For seafood lovers, this Thai dish serves as a great debut for amazing Thai cuisine. Tom Yam is a spicy shrimp soup made from a blend of succulent fresh prawns, galangal, lemongrass, chili, lime leaves, fish sauce, herbs, and mushrooms. The unique combination of these ingredients makes this Thai dish a versatile option to have with any meal and it’s perfect for Thai takeout in Vancouver.
- Sum Tum: This is the quintessential Thai salad, known as spicy green papaya salad in English. It contains all of the five flavours of Thai food, including hot, salty, sour, sweet and bitter blended into one delicious dish. This meal not only tastes wonderful but is easy to prepare, too.Though this dish has different ways of preparation in different parts of the world, the main ingredients used to make Sum Tum in any Thai restaurant in Vancouver, BC include cherry tomatoes, chillies, papaya, green beans, and garlic.
- Tom Kha Kai: This is a delicious Thai dish of chicken in coconut cream. Tom Kha Kai is a compelling, yet delicious meal made with thinly sliced galangal, lemongrass, shallots and tender strips of chicken.
- Gai Med Ma Moung: This is one rustic Thai dish that is comprised of stir-fried chicken with cashew nuts. This is a perfect dish of both sweet and savoury with some hotness to it. It is a simple yet scrumptious dish that serves as the perfect Thai takeout in Vancouver for dinner or lunch.
- Gaeng Daeng: One of the most prominent Thai dishes in any Thai restaurant in Vancouver, BC is Gaeng Daeng, also known as the red curry. This dish holds a mild and sweet fragrance, owing to its ingredients, including smooth coconut milk, sliced kaffir lime leaves, red curry paste and morsels of meat.
- Khao Pad: This is a gastronomic dish comprised of fried rice to get anyone’s taste buds tingling. It is a simple and delicious meal prepared in many different ways for anyone to enjoy in a Thai restaurant in Vancouver.