The United States of America is among the most popular travel destinations in the world. Many of you with a hassle-free and easy trip to America either, for business commitments or for pleasure needs. To focus on enjoying your trip, here are the top tips for hitting the States.
- Passport Validity:
For most of the travelers to the USA, at least 6 months validity on their passport is required. For the citizens of certain countries, they only need the validity of the passport for the length of stay in the US.
- Visa Situation:
Travelers to the US are highly advised to understand the requirements for entering there. Nationals of 39 countries, including Germany use the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) to enter the US for visiting, business, or tourism purposes. The limit of this authorization is up to 90 days without a visa. This VWP needs the following requirements to travel to the US:
- Citizenship of member country
- Valid e-passport
- Possessing the ESTA authorization
- Visiting for transit, business, or pleasure purpose
ESTA USA costs $14 per applicant which can make and pay online. If in any case, an applicant does not qualify for VWP then they will be required to apply for a visa to visit the US. It is essential to make ESTA application before embarking on the journey, which is why it is advised to apply for ESTA no later than 72 hours before departure.
- Get TSA-approved lock:
For traveling the States’ side, there is a strict baggage guideline for security and safety by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). To avoid losing a lock, it is best to use a lock that is approved by the TSA. These locks can be opened with a master key and TSA officials can easily inspect your bag.
- Transit rules:
In case of having an international flight that transits through the US, it is essential to clear US customs. Try to book your transit flights with one airline.
- Tips for in your destination:
- It is good to book your airport transfer in advance to avoid waiting for a taxi or public transport at the airport.
- Being an international traveler doesn’t make the mistake of using your mobile phone data because the mobile phone roaming rates are actually mouth-watering.
- Be ready to pay more than you think because of the different tax rates of different cities.
- Health care cost, here in the US is highest in the world, it is best to have health and travel insurance.
- The United States still uses the imperial system, so think of distance in miles, height in feet, the temperature in Fahrenheit, and weight in pounds.
- There are six time zones in the USA that is why make sure about the particular time zone for the flights and air transfers.
- The emergency number in the USA is 911.
- It is an unwritten rule that at least 15 to 20% tipping is expected in the USA.